In the past few days I have lost three women I was flirting with. They all went dark. They are:
- The 23 year old I mentioned yesterday.
- Another divorcee that is possibly the full package. It is bizarre. We agreed to go on a trip to get away and she was all excited. HER IDEA. We agreed on available dates and to talk the next day to lock down specifics. “Poof!”–she disappears off the planet on me.
- Lastly, the Midwestern woman whose Facebook conversation I am listing below.
I need to knock the rust of my game. I am guessing I blew it because my over enthusiastic response is a warning sign to women for whatever reason. Can someone confirm this? Is there any way to salvage the Midwesterner? I am exceptionally interested in going on a date with this woman because it allows me to peacock in front of some old nemeses. I would get the dual satisfaction being seen with her.
(Yes, I am a shallow SOB. At least in this particular case.)
Please critique the conversation below and offer coaching as necessary. I am thinking the Awesome at Online Dating Guru would tell me that I replied to her responses too quickly and then my last message was over-the-top with enthusiasm. I didn’t play it cool enough. But I want that verified since I have been out of the game for 20 years. Would you grade it as an A, B, C, D, or F?
This is going to be more complicated than I expected. I am not a stalker, but I am an assertive and impatient person by nature. So this is going to be challenging I fear.
Yea, now that I proof read this post I definitely think I got carried away. To the point I am embarrassed to post this now. She gave me an inch and I took a mile. Wow. I really do need to work on my game. This is a major fail. I wish I had learned this lesson with someone else too. This is a costly lesson I fear.
I grade this an “F”. Or am I over-analyzing?
- The Art of Flirting (confessionsofonlinedating.com)
- The New Rules of Flirting (For Dudes) (gawker.com)
- Online Flirting &Ndash; A New Art Form (socyberty.com)
- Flirting (soarintosky.wordpress.com)